Range Report


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments

1st 100 rounds target
200 rounds of boom boom fun. I Was able to make it to the shooting range this morning afterall. Made it there just as they were opening up so it wasn't crowded which is a nice thing. I'll never go to the range again on a Saturday afternoon, to many douche bags and wannabe thugs there doing dumb ass shit. Like not hitting the broadside a target. Anyways that has nothing to do with the range report and is just random ranting on my part.

So I took 100 rounds with me for the 38. I mixed and matched a bit with the diffferent loads that I have but mostly used the wadcutter rounds which were lite compared to the hollow points and semi wadcutters. I was also worried that the sights were off because I was looking around reading up on the gun and people said that the sights are easy to knock out of wack. Lucky me they were still spot on for at least 10 yards which is a good distance for pistol shooting. Like I said the semi-wadcutters were pretty lite to shoot so it was pretty comfortable shooting for the most part. Still more powerful and a lot more smoker than the 22 is though which is alright but I couldn't get the taste of gunpowder out of my mouth forever though. BLEH! That's one major problem with shooting indoors. So yeah it was a lot of fun shooting it and didn't have any problems with it all but damn was it dirty gun after shooting.


100 rounds from the Mosquito
I just didn't take the 38 though. I also brought along the Mosquito for some fun blasting. You gotta just love 22 pistols they don't do much for self defence really but they do punch nice little holes in paper. One of the good things is that I was able to go through 4 magazines without a single failure. That's pretty good for the Mosquito when your shooting Federal bulk Ammo. So yeah 100 rounds later and I was good to go for the day. On the way home I stopped off at the local Cabellas store to look and see if they had Hogue grips for the Revolver and turns out that they do and cheaper than what I can find them for on the internet. I know what I'm getting with the next paycheck.

last little notes for now. I really need to practice more with bigger guns I was all over the place with the 38 revolver, but out of a 100 rounds I only missed once. I really need to train my right eye to be the dominate one and those "fog free" safety glasses suck some major ass as they were constantly getting foggy if I had them fit snug on the face.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...