Boob-O-Nauts...er I mean Dragonaut - The Resonance


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments

I tried to work into the title something about motorboats but it just didn't work. If you don't get the reference to motorboats that's ok. So I actually finished Dragonaut some time ago and am now only getting around to writing up a review of it.

Summary of Dragonaut - The Resonance: Big Boobs, lets just get that out of the way first, much like Witchblade (also made by Gonzo) the female cast is almost entirely big breasted ladies who apparently never heard of bras. With that aside we can move on the meat of the show the actual show is about gov't and military agencies out to defeat a living planet that is moving towards earth to reclaim it's children who happen to be dragons. An agency (ISDA) creates a team of fighters called the Dragonauts who are supposed to battle the living planet and to capture the original dragons that have crashed on Earth. The Dragonauts are made up of several two member teams, the teams consist of a human pilot and an earth born dragon who have completed a Resonance that bind the two together. Of course all hell breaks loose when a young boy gets in the middle of all of this and falls in love with one of the dragons. Much fighting ensues. This of course is only the beginning some where in the middle we get a time jump and the dragonauts end up becoming the enemies of the ISDA and are captured themselves to be used as bioweapons against the living planet. Well guess what in all this time the living planet shows up to destroy earth because like all good world destroyers humans are just trash that need to be taken out. Low and behold the planet turns into a giant dragon itself and sets out to absorb all human life. So what do our pluky band of dragonauts do (the ones that are left at any rate) well they set out to reason with the mother dragon to get it to leave the humans alone. Do they win of course they do all with the power of LOVE! Seriously that's how it ends with the power of love.

My opinion: I heard that this show was not well liked. Honestly I can see why but I still liked turning off my brain and watching this show anyways. That's right I'll just come right out and say it...I liked this show...and there goes all my respect. No I just didn't like it for the massive mammory induldgence this show offered. Although if I was Jin I would have died in the first fight with Garnet because I would have been to busy trying to motorboat her breasts to even notice that she killed me. Speaking of Jin could his little friend be any more gay for Jin and Goi talk about a love hate love relationship. Anyways lets get to the best...worst part of the hole entire show the ending. Oh the ending. LAME...saved by the power of LOVE! Seriously could it have ended any worse than that. Mother dragon just shruggers her shoulders at the site of the ever powerful LOVE and leaves for another planet. On the whole if this gets picked up for a North American release I'd probably rent it from Netflix to see if there was anything added to the DVD releases but I probably wouldn't buy it right at first. I might pick it up second hand or as a box set for a better price, maybe. So I'll give it one thumb up for a rental and save your hdd space for something else.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...