Hatenkou Yugi


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Oh yes another anime that I'm long overdue for a review of since I finished this some time ago. At only 10 episodes short it seemed like there really should be more especially with the ending that we got. Oh yeah another lame ending from the winter 07/08 anime season.

Short Summary: Razhel is a young adult lady (rant on this latter) who was kicked out of her house to explore the world. During her journies she becomes associated with two young men who help her along the way. She gets them into trouble and they get her out of trouble.

My rant...er opinion: Ok I liked this anime. I enjoyed it but damn if there was not some things to rant about like the last episode...WTF! Pretty much sums up the last episode. We find out that Razhel is turning 15! and becoming an adult. If I was drinking anything at the time I probably would have spit it out because I thought she was atleast 17. But I guess that's anime for you after all Yoko was only 14. As for the ending yeah it was lame it introduces another three characters. One guy that is Mr. Mystery murderman and Razhel's two fathers her biological father who set her out in the forrest to be her devices and her semi-addoptive father who sent her on this fun little adventure. So they introduce all these people kill off her biological father and after jump from the train to continue on with her two traveling buddies it ends.

Of course the Manga is much longer, so far it's on Vol 8 in the states titled as Dazzle. Get it Razhel Dazzle...hahahaha ok it's probably not that funny. I actually had to turn to the manga to get any sort of large picture to use for this post as the ONLY thing I could find for this show image wise (no ecchi or Hentai even I was rather let down) were some screen caps of the episodes. But because I love Razhel's dark hair and lovely blue eyes I had to add some screencaps to the monochrome image just to show off the eye colors and the difference in how old she looks from the manga (where she does look more like 15) and the anime.

So even though it was short and left me wanting more I do have to give this two thumbs up it's a good anime with a lot of character and entertainment. And at only 10 episodes I would hope that this would be a pretty good deal on DVD if it gets picked up and with 8 volumes of manga I'm thinking that it just might. You should definitely check it out on Netflix. One of the other things I liked about this anime that I don't see a lot of at all is the fact that Razhel (and her only) changes clothing just about every episode. It all looks EGL(which oddly I do like a lot) to me but I think that's a pretty interesting little twist that you don't see a lot of in anime. Because of the EGL there is very little if any fanservice at all.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...