Minami-ke Okawari


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments


I never like Seinfield at all but for some reason an anime about the daily lives of three sisters made me laugh and captured my attention. This is the second helping of the Minami sisters.
What is Minami-ke Okawari: This is the second helping of Minami-ke and was done by a different animation house than the previous 13 episode arc. MKO follows the daily lives of the three Minami sisters and their assorted friends both at school and at home. Lots of Hilarity and shenanigan insue. Of the three sisters we get more of the youngest sister Chiaki and the middle sister Kana and their never ending (yet enduring) sibling rivalry. The oldest sister Haruka is the level headed parent or sorts to the younger sisters. The friends of all the sisters round out the cast in a great and funny way.
My Opinion: I know a lot of people were complaining that the animation was nothing like the first helping of Minami-ke but I really wasn't paying attention to that as I was having to much fun laughing at all the hilarity that made up MKO. So I really can't comment on that. To me the seasons(?) pretty much seemed the same though. Even The "Bible Black" faces were back. There was more development in regards to the friends which I liked but the best hilarity still came from the two younger sisters constantly fighting. So I definitely have to give this two thumbs up for a purchase. This would also be a good show to share with friends and family to get them interested in Anime. It's a good show that I hope makes it to the US market soon so that we can all enjoy some laughs with the Minami sisters and their friends.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...