Apple Vol 1


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. An old wife's tail for sure and of course has nothing to do with today's Apple. I speak of the Korean anthology manga (manwa, what ever you want to call it) collected works book much like Robot that is simply called Apple. Trust me searching for the book was a pain because of the name. Type in Apple into a store's search engine and be dumbfounded by what you would find. In other words not the book. Asking about it at a store same problem. Sir do you want a Korean cooking book on apples? Uh...no damn it.


After a long time I finally found that Barnes and Noble had it in stock a couple months ago by searching with the publishers name Udon Entertainment instead of the book's title and ordered it post hast with a bunch of discount codes that brought the price down below $25. After seeing samples of the work I really wanted to check out what the Koreans had to offer in the large over sized colored manga collection genre and see if it was as good if not better than Range Murata's Robot.

Yeah so I've actually had it for a while and I've thumbed though it a few times looked at the stunning (and it is stunning and awesome BTW) pictures but I just haven't really had a chance to sit down and read it properly yet. So while the pictures are great I'm sure about the stories. In any case I figured I can still blog about the thing because I found out recently that the second Vol will be out soon (for these books soon is a relative term) some time in December (they say) while the next Vol of Robot will be out sometime in March (was supposed to be out this last June the slow pokes). And I wanted more people to know about these two great books and it also got me to thinking that I best be getting to reading the first Vol of Apple now dang it before the second one shows up.

To be honest Both Apple and Robot have a lot in common and while Robot has more stories and Apple has more stand alone pictures they both are worth picking up if you like checking out some fantastic colored samples of work by some of the better artists from both countries. Apple is a bit more expensive than Robot but it also has more pages too so the price is worth it. I just wish they would get them out sooner or at least when they first say they are going to be released. Anyways here is the supposed second cover for Apple Vol 2.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...