Random Anime Ramblings


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


I have been thinking of a lot of random anime related things of late that really don't fit into any of the other blogs so I think I'll just write an entire blog about some of the more random things that have been going on in the world of anime.

If you've been following Gurren Lagann on Scifi you would have just finished the series this last Monday and while I'll be honest I got just as teary eyed as I did the first time watching it subbed I thought Scifi did a horrible job with the cutting in of Commercials. A lot of epic things happen during the last 3 episodes and right when you're getting into it...commercial...jenga cat...FAIL. So if you have only had the chance to watch it on SciFi you really owe it to yourself to at least rent the last disk (I'd suggest Netflix)and watch the final in all it's uncut glory. The DVD box set is most definitely on my Christmas wish list. I loved this series and honestly I have a sweet spot for the gun slinging Yoko. Not that I'd ever want to marry her which brings me to my next rambling rant.

WTF! is what I thought when I first heard about Otaku's in Japan wanting the right to marry fictional 2d (animated) characters onDannychoo. Seriously if people didn't think you were odd in the head before they sure as well do now. It's just so ubsured and lame that again...jenga cat! I just couldn't say anything nice about the whole thing that I never made any comments about it until now. I would honestly point and laugh at you if you told me you were married to a fictional character. I don't have any problems to people taking care of their health with the aid of 2d characters so long as you understand the line between reality and fiction and that the two never cross no matter how much you want it to.

On another Otaku rant what the hell is up with the otaku freaking out over a Character's possibility of not being a Virgin because she had a boyfriend. I'm talking about the recent uproar over the revelation that Nagi in the manga/anime Kannagi has an ex-boyfriend and who she might of had impure relations with. Again Jenga cat WTF! The explosion not only on 2ch and 4chan but on the blogshire with theories and rants about how they can't have a second hand wife and yet the amount of naughty ecchi images out there I just don't get it. The best theory that I've seen so far is that it doesn't matter as she was reborn a new when she was transformed from the carved tree trunk. So see we can all go back to reading the manga and watching the show and not freaking out about an anime character's vertue after all.

That's good enough for now on the rambling and ranting so just enjoy what I think is one of the better images of Yoko and friends that I've seen in a while.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...