Yoko+Ammo=photography fun


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


Since it's beginning to look a lot like Winter I was thinking of starting a winter photography project to get a little bit better at shooting smaller objects with my DSLR and to put that photography cube to good use. So I was sitting there thinking about what to do the other day when I happened upon a great idea. The lovely red-head from Gurren Lagann Yoko and ammo big massive huge ammo.

That's what my winter project is going to be about Yoko surrounded by ammo and guns since I haven't seen a single image of her with anything like that but to me it seems like such a natural setting for her. I went about searching for a suitable Yoko figure and picked up the Revoltech Fraulein version from ebay (don't worry it's legit) and searched about for some suitable ammo to pose her with. It actually took longer to find the right kind of ammo for the project than to find a suitable Yoko. I was finally able to find a place that was selling inert (dummy, non functioning rounds) 20mm and .50cal ammo at a price that wasn't ridiculous. So with everything here I took a quick couple snap shots and posted one to flickr so you can see what I'll be using. Then I started messing around with Posing Yoko with the ammo and it turns out this is going to be a larger handful than I thought. It's going to be a fun project and as soon as I figure a way to get Yoko to stick to the smooth shiny metal rounds I'll start taking pictures. In the mean time I might just do like Danny does and bring Yoko along to the range for some quick little snap shots here and there.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...