Yozakura Quartet


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments


Lost in the year end postings I should of done the review of Yozakura Quartet a while ago actually. Considering I finished it right around Christmas time, For shame I know. It deserved better than that and sadly that's the truth about this anime. It didn't get near as much interest as I thought it should have.

I suspect that one of the main reasons it didn't get a lot of notice is that there is little to no fanservice (there isn't much fanmade fanservice either) for the boys to drool over while there is great potential for it. After all the Mayor (who's a teenage female) tends to travel around the city by jumping (in a short skirt) from roof top to roof top and the majority of the cast is entirely female. Everything else pointed to it being a good show but hardly anyone talked about it and 4chan hated it (not that you should EVER take 4chan's anime ratings or watching habits seriously).

The things it had going for it was a decent plot (if a well used one) and good characters. It was set in a town that is co-habitated by humans and Youkai and protected by a group of teenagers with Youkai and superhuman powers. Fighting against the teenagers (and the entire town) is a powerful Youkai that has possessed the body of the groups friend and wants to destroy the town and bring the Youkai world into the human world. Of course battles ensue and all manner of fun stuff happens. That's a pretty basic run down of the plot really. You can read more about it at the wiki link up above.

I enjoyed the show it was interesting and entertaining and kept me returning for more and of course I really liked the gun nut Kotoha. I mean a girl that can pull out a freaking railway cannon out of thin air with her voice is just awesome in my book. Actually there are a lot of like able characters in this show (something for everyone) and I think that helped it out as well. I noticed that the manga is licensed here in the states so I might check that out as well. Of course no news on if the anime is getting licensed but in this economy I don't think it will be not for a while anyways.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...