Year End Review...FINALLY!


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments


Yeah OK so it took me a bit longer to get around to doing the year end review but here it is. This was actually a busy year and a down right hum dinger of a year. It was filled with happy memories and sad memories. Fun times and I can't believe that just happened times. I pretty much gave up on myspace early in the year and started blogging and this is were we are now.

The beginning of the year saw the removal of one retard housemate and the moving in of a much better housemate. I was also sick in early part of the year with the same thing that I was sick with the last couple weeks. I also had a fun lovely skin problem on my hands which was NASTY. This year I hope to prevent that with lots of moisturizer.

There was a ton of car action this year learned to replace the engine in a Mazda RX-8 and a stupid little piece of metal in my Lumina which required the removal of the steering column and a lot more money than it should have been. Also went to a lot of car shows and a lot of Autocross events. Even managed to watch some extra motorsport events thanks to torrents.

Went on a few trips this year more than I've been on in some time really even went on my first plane trip as well. Went to Reno for a good friends wedding and had a great time. Also went to Seattle by car with the housemate to pick up an extra set of rims for the RX-8 and to enjoy a good time. Also got to unleash my inner Otaku and Porschephile just a bit. Also learned that Mango is bad for a road trip.
This was also the first year that I started purchasing anime figures. I'm up to 7 lil figures now and adding more here and there. Of course this has both slowed down the purchase of diecast cars (only 4 total this year) and Star Wars action figures. But that's OK. Also this year I inherited and bought several different firearms. I inherited my grandfathers police revolver and holster and I purchased and customized a Ruger 10/22 along with a Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun. Managed to get a fair bit of shooting in during the year as well which was a nice thing. You know if I would have known there was an indoor range in 2002 I'd still have another pistol to go shooting with as well but that's just how things happen I guess.

Did manage to get in a good deal of photography and even one paying job as well even though that paying job sucked some serious donkey balls it was for a good cause even if it was a bit late. Loved photographing cars during the year though and think a good amount of them came out really well. Still need to do some more work on it though. This year I also changed from Fotki which was a pain to use really to the much more powerful and friendly Flickr for my picture hosting needs. Lately I also switched to IGoogle and GMail away from my.yahoo and yahoo mail. I thought it was time to change once I started getting spam mail from myself. That and yahoo was really starting to SUCK at the spam guard wanting you to instead pay for some more advanced mail program.

With all the good things going on it felt like a great year sure the other housemate owed me $300 and stole my stuff but meh he's gone and there's nothing I can do about it but move on right nothing else will happen this year to ruin it right. No in fact quit the opposite happened. As far as it goes this year SUCKED so much more than last year when my grandfather passed away from a chest infection. Things like this are just not supposed to happen but in late June my mom was diagnosed with Brain Cancer and by the end of September she was gone. Yeah it was just that fast.

And that was 2008 in a nut shell. well there was a lot of work, a lot of sleep and a hole ton of anime watching in there as well. But here is to the new year and new times. May this year be void of any more family deaths or broken cars.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...