Wicked City


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


It's been a very long time since I've seen Wicked City. To be honest I watched it with my first college dorm roommate back in 96 or 97 and that was the only time I've seen it. A while ago I thought about looking for it on DVD and I couldn't find anything other than some Korean gray market DVDs which really sucked yet last week it popped up out of no where on the Internet and I just had to grab it so that I could watch it again. Now if someone would just do the same for Psycho Diver and BioHunter that would be great (it would be better if they would just re-release them on DVD but that's probably not going to happen) and then I'd be able to toss my VHS copies of those two movies finally.

Wicked City is of course the story of Two Black Guard members who are sent to protect a VIP who is necessary to ensure the signing of the peace treaty between our world and the demon world. The two guards are a human named Taki (male) and the other is a demon named Maki (female) and during their job of protecting the VIP (who has a thing for the naughty girls) they fight off several demons who are out to break up the peace process and in doing so Maki and Taki are separated. Taki takes off and leaves the VIP in protective custody so that he can go back and save Maki. Well turns out that the VIP wasn't the one being protected he was the one protecting those two as they were meant to get together and hook up and make a baby hopefully. It works and they are able to defeat the bad guys and go to the peace process.

Since it's a much older movie this actually does have a fair amount of nudity, simulated sex and bloody gore galore yet it's not even close to being as bad as some of today's videos in comparison really. I also miss these older types of more adult natured animes that don't often get made anymore it seems. Sure you get your Hentai over here and gory stuff over there but nothing like a good strong R rated 90 minute OVA that has it all like Wicked City does. That's why I wanted to find these older animes on DVD so that I could enjoy them in better quality but that's turning out to be harder than I expected. Oh well it was nice to finally get to watch it again in any case.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...