Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , , ,

No comments


Ah another week that just flew by without making much of a stir in the cosmos. It is officially the New Year now (Chinese New Year was today/yesterday) and I'm almost tempted to post another anime fanservice goody new year image but I have something more interesting (well sort of) to post for this week.

Even though I was still sick (well still had the horrid cough) last week it wasn't all cough sleep cough cough work cough and no fun. There was actually quit a bit of fun and goodies this week as two of my four eBay purchases showed up this week. The best one was of course the new to me 50mm Sigma Macro lens that I got from Costa Rica for a sweet deal thanks to my kind housemate letting me borrow some money before my refund was deposited this next week. More on the lens later. Also arrived are the two new Masu cups for the traditional drinking of the Sake that is Still in the frig from the Seattle trip. I do have to seal up one of the cups as it leaks but the other one was fine. The other two items should be showing up at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week.

In addition to those items I was able to make it to the 10th anniversary of the anime club on Saturday and I got as a door prize a moe moe sticker and a Stratos 4 anime pencil board which I haven't seen yet but might add it to the Netflix queue later. In addition to that I also won as a door prize the DVD for Azumi a girl samurai movie that I've been waiting forever for Netflix to get but now I don't have to (well other than waiting for Azumi 2 now) there was some other stuff as well to chose from but that's what I wanted. It was fun but very crowded though.

Which of course brings us to the end of the week and one of the coolest things of the month and that is Spike's airing of Afro Samurai: Resurrection which was pretty damn awesome and of course I'll talking about that later as well. I'll definitely be picking this up on DVD when it hits shelves on February 3rd. It did kind of suck though as they started playing the original series afterwards and I missed that as I was on my way work at that point. So if you don't mind me I'm going to go cough some more and look forward to next week when hopefully I won't be coughing so much.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...