Touhou Anime Project


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments


My only experience with the Touhou Project was with the occasional post on the /jp board on 4chan and the images that are all over the internet so I had no idea what I was going to be getting my self into with watching Touhou Anime Project: A Summers Day Dream. An entirely fan made anime coming out during Comiket 75 but nonetheless I downloaded it and watched it to see what all the fuss was about.

As an unofficial fan made anime I wasn't expecting epic quality or really any quality at all when watching it but as it turns out it wasn't entirely that bad not epic quality for sure but the backgrounds were really well done and the girls while they looked a bit chubby (not entirely a bad thing) and occasionally a bit oddly drawn they weren't horrible looking either and they had a full range of motion and emotion. I've seen worse professionally made anime than this so I give it a single thumbs up for quality.

Story wise the plot was alright, but I thought this would be a stand alone episode instead I was greated with a TBC next episode ending. Kind of disappointed in that because really who knows when or even if another episode will come out. Overall though I would have to say this is a pretty fun to watch little episode that I think people should check out whether or not they are interested in the Touhou Project. Of course being fan made and unofficial this anime will definitely never make it to the US for public viewing so I'd suggest downloading it or finding it on youtube as I don't think you can even purchase it any more even if you wanted to as it was only released during Comiket 75.

One of the more interesting things about the show is that I found out that the lovely Shameimaru Aya (pictured above) is a Journalist and Photographer which automatically makes her my favorite among the cast. After all I went to school to be a Journalist myself originally and fancy myself as a photographer so she's a bit of an anime idol for me.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...