Inherited Holster


posted by sooyup on , , , , ,

No comments


Couple weeks ago my dad and grandma found in the back of drawer my grandfather's holster for the S&W Model 15 that I also inherited and they decided that I should have it as well. I was actually in the process of looking for a holster for the Model 15 at the time so the timing couldn't have been better and I gladly accepted it. When I first saw it I thought that it might have been hand made by my grandfather as well since he liked to work with leather in his spare time as well as gunsmithing but after a little looking around it turns out that it was a genuine Smith and Wesson made Holster specifically for the Model 15. Without a doubt a nicely manufactured and handy little holster so when I got it home I had to try it out of course.

Now being as that I'm a complete dork that actually meant a good amount of time was wasted playing cowboy and trying out different draw methods and tactics for both open carry and concealed carry. And yes I did attempt to draw, twirl then holster the Model 15 several times never did actually work though, the Hogue grips make it a bit chunky to actually twirl it that well. The important thing that I did come away with from the cowboy play is that it isn't easy to conceal such a large and chunky revolver unless I'm wearing my huge leather jacket. The holster pokes out from underneath any of the other jackets and coats I own. Not good but then I really wasn't considering CCWing the revolver anyways but just had to try it out. It'll be good for open carry out in the woods (you can still do that in Idaho damnit) or when out shooting with the friends so I don't have to lug the revolver around all the time just stick it in the holster and it's good to go.

Of course all this just meant that I could dig out the camera equipment and take some more pictures and you can find the rest of the ones that I took of the holster and gun at the usual place of course on Flickr, all the new pictures are at the end.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...