The Girl Who Leapt Through Time


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments


When Deepdiscount had their huge sale going last month one of the titles that I wanted to pick up was The Girl Who Leapt Through Time because I thought it was one of the better animated movies from last year. Unfourtantely it wasn't available at the time so was rather disappointed that I wasn't able to pick it up. However, Netflix did have it available and I recently received it last weekend and was able to at least watch it again in it's dubbed version.

I'm not a fanatical anime dub hater, no in fact I like most of the dubbed versions of anime and find it interesting to see the differences between the dubbed and subtitled versions. And while I haven't seen The Girl (for short) in it's subtitled version for a good year or so I believe the dubbed version did a very splendid job of capturing both the emotional and enjoyable moments of this animated film. It's definitely on my Christmas wishlist as I would really enjoy owning this movie so that I could share it with others to show them just how great anime can be outside of Bleach, Naruto and Pokemon. I'd put it right up there with my collection of Makoto Shinkai films actually.

What's interesting about this film is that it's actually only a single (and most recent) part to a large collection of Girl Leaping tails and stories that started way before I was even born and has had many different adaptations during that time leading up to this animated sequel to the original story. Thankfully you don't need to know all of that to understand, enjoy and appreciate this animated movie.

The first time I watched The Girl it didn't have as profound a reaction as it did this time around because of how much things have changed since than and how much I really understand now just how important a message "Time waits for no one" really is.

So don't let time or this movie slip you by and go rent or buy it today. You wont be disappointed.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...