Ghost In The Shell 2.0


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments


Not another break from the Best & Worst of 2008 but an aside to one. The Best & Worst animated movie of 2008. I don't believe GitS 2.0 is the best of the year but then there really isn't a worst animated movie of the year either (well that I've seen anyways). Honestly I think the honor of best animated movie of the year should go to Sword of the Stranger but I've already blogged about it and I'd rather much discuss the just recently released new version of Ghost In The Shell.

It's actually been a while since I've last seen the original version of the 1995 release of the movie so when I watched this version I didn't realize at first just how much they changed the original. You can definitely see the difference with the added CGI scenes but they also updated the look and feel of the entire film adding better lighting effects and improved textures and background scenes. It really does update the movie and make it look I think a lot better but I can't help but think they also added a bit more basset hound as well. But like I said it's been a while since I've seen the original. Not only did they add some new spiffy (well OK maybe just a bit overkill on the 3DCGI effects) graphics but this new release also got an updated new remixed sound track in 6.1 channel surround and also not only was the music updated but the vocals got some changes as well most notably the Puppet Master's voice was changed to that of a woman (makes a bit more since actually).

This all leads up one thing is it worth buying ANOTHER copy of Ghost in the Shell? Well it's definitely an improvement in my opinion but I wouldn't buy a SD copy of it no instead I think it would be one the first purchases that I'd make when/if I update to Blue-ray as I really think it would look stunning in HD. Honestly though the first Blue-ray purchase that I'd ever make would be the new Release of Ghost in the Shell: Innocence as that would just look fucking fabulous in HD. Actually I just want to go rewatch a bunch of Ghost in the Shell right now...dang it.

Oh and for a more side by side image comparison of the Original vs updated Ghost in the shell this guy did a great blog on it...Austrian Otaku Life

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...