Best & Worst TV Channel of 2008


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


Welcome back to another Best & Worst of 2008. This time we take a look at what I thought were the best anime related channels of the year and this one is an easy one if you've been following the blog at all. To celebrate the best TV channel of the year and the happy holiday season have a rather festive Yoko and Nia image.

It's going to be obvious that I think that the Best channel of the year is the SciFi channel. SciFi channel started doing Ani-Mondays about June of last year with some odd ball shows that I had never heard of like Tokko and Noein and occasionally I didn't like what they showed but I still watched it most of the time because it was so much better than watching CSI Miami but this year they gave us some great things the best in my own opinion is of course the airing of Gurren Lagann and currently they are airing the first season of Gundom 00 and while I'm not a Gundom fanboy it is still more entertaining than anything else on offer at the same time. It's unfortunate that I have to leave for work during the second half of the anime block but currently they are not airing anything that I'm missing out on. The good thing is that the Ani-Monday block doesn't look to be going anywhere anytime soon and maybe like earlier this year we'll get an extra day in February. I don't know what will be on after Gundom 00 finishes it's run but lets hope for something cool again.

Now on the other side of the fence the worst anime related channel by far has to be without a doubt lame ass [adult swim] for the utter stupidity that they showed this year as a programmer. You've heard me grip about how they thought it would be funny to replace their anime line up on Saturday with their insipid and horridly lame Sunday night line up and move the anime to one of the worst slots ever not only that but breaking up the new anime shows with the older anime shows. With Bleach sometime at 2am and the new series Code Geass and Moribito at 6am. The worse part is they replaced it with their own campy and crappy funny shows like Tim and Eric and Squidbillies and other lame shows. I swore off watching [adult swim] after that and not just on Saturday nope I said I'd no longer ever watch any day of [adult swim] if they continued that programing line up. Well I don't know exactly what happened but lately it looks like they got their heads out of their collective ass and repaired their Saturday anime line up and while we still have to suffer two hours of none anime shows but at least they are not the worst of the worst shows any more and I do no watch [adult swim] on Saturday they have lost me as a loyal watcher and fan.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...