Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments


Another week has come and gone and a bunch of stuff has been going on this last week. Thankfully all good stuff this week. Have had a lot of condolences for my mother's passing which is nice yet I haven't heard anything from my sister about the memorial services maybe we'll hold off on that until we receive the ashes back. Anyways on to better things. I did finally purchase a new digital video camcorder this weekend and will go out this morning and give it a test drive at the autocross assuming of course it doesn't get rained out. Yeah you see we got a ton of rain on Friday and Saturday and we are supposed to get more this morning as well. I love the rain...well when I'm not driving in it anyways.
The camcorder that I picked up was a Samsung SCMX20 which so far looks like a great camera but we'll see when I get the first videos uploaded. Also since I'm just messing around with it at the moment I only picked up a 2gb card (for $10) as I'm waiting for the prices to drop on the larger gb cards. Since I'll be uploading new videos I also did a bit of fall cleaning of my youtube videos and went from 248 videos down to 65 to make room for new stuff.

Not only did I get the camcorder this week but I also picked up a magazine release from Tactical Solutions for my Ruger 10/22. Installing it was easy but hmmm I don't think it fits as good as it should so I'm thinking I might have to take it in to get adjusted. Other firearms related purchases were a speedloader and snapcaps for the Model 15-3 Combat Master, a new flashlight for the shotgun and of course more reloading material. You can find a few more pictures on flickr. Of the other stuff that I ordered last week only the Apple Vol 1 book showed up and it is definitely an awesome art book. If you like Robot you'll love Apple. I just don't know when a second volume will be out. So I'm still awaiting my Tein Umbrella/shirt and the Megami magazine (that'll take the longest though so meh it'll get here when it does). Not entirely a bad haul for the week that's for sure.

If you do take a look at flickr you'll also notice that I also uploaded pictures of the recently aquired Haruhi Suzumiya Gothloli figure and a bunch more images of Lamborghinis. I'll talk about the Lamborghinis in their own post later but I have to say that Haruhi was much bigger than I thought she was going to be (she's my first real anime figure actually) but she is way awesome. Makes me wish I also pre-ordered her gothic punk sidekick Asahina Mikuru too.

Thankfully that was it for crazy purchases this week (un fun bills took up the rest) and the rest of the week was pretty much taken up by work and playing Star Wars The Force Unleashed. I finished the game but was going back and finding all the holocrons and finishing up the bonus missions. It's an all right game but I have issues with some of the game play and OMFG that Deathstar part was a major pain in the fucking ass. Which is why the roommate finished that part actually.

With that it's the end of the week and I'm off to the autocross for testing out the new camcorder.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...