Fall 08 Anime Impressions part 1


posted by sooyup on

No comments


The Fall season of anime shows is now in full swing and after watching a good handful of shows I think I bit off more than I could chew because I'm still missing a couple of the ones that I want to see and I've watched 11 NEW shows along with all the currently running shows. That's a lot of anime to keep track of. While I might drop some shows this season *cough* linebarrels *cough* there is still a bunch of good shows and a handful of really great shows. So here are my first impressions of the shows that I've at least seen one episode to already for the fall season.

Chaos Head: Seen a lot of game related stuff posted on 4chan so thought I'd check this out. So far it has a nice touch of fanservice, neet craziness and bloody murder but holy freaking hell I hate reading text subtitles (subtitles for text that you see on the screen for example the long ass chat conversation on the computer) and it looks like this will be chuck full it. So far though it seems worth having to deal with that. Time will tell.

Ga-Rei Zero: HOLY SHIT! This show turned into the must see anime show of the season. Read anyone's blog and you'll see why. Epic WTF ending for the first episode and the awesome continues on in the second episode. Well animated, great music and GORE a plenty. Hopefully the plot so far won't be the only plot otherwise it might get mundane and boring.

Hyakko: I wasn't sure about this one going in and the first episode didn't really sell it but the second episode nailed it and has me interested in this school girl slice of life anime. It's funny and smart and you don't have to be afraid to show this to your friends.

Kannagi: Nothing like ending up having your wood carving art project turn into a cute lil' moe goddess complete with split personalities. This is definitely so far one of the better LOL shows of the season. I don't know if that's what it's shooting for but the show makes me laugh a lot and I think that's a good thing.

Kemeko DX: This one however you might not want to show to your friends if they don't like sexual humor and a healthy dose of fanservice. This might be one that gets dropped though. It's a bit to much humor and not enough plot. I don't know I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Kurozuka: Hey another immortal samurai type dude and hot chick combo show. While only slightly like Immortal Blade the roles are reversed and both parties are immortal. Only one episode has been out so far but I do know she likes them bloody and raw and the guy does a pretty decent job hacking and slashing. In any case I'm keeping my eye open for this.

With 6 shows down this is a good place to stop for now. Let you soak it all in, visit some sites and if you haven't checked them out already I'd urge you to if you can. Funny thing about Kannagi for only having two episodes out it has a TON of fanart out already. Lots of it being NOT SAFE FOR WORK by the way.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...