Silver Sage Porsche Club of America car show


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , ,

No comments


With a short stop over at a coffee shop to warm up and fuel up it was off to the second car show of the day. Just down the street from the Italian Car and Motorcycle show on the same day the Silver Sage Porsche Club of America was holding their own car show. Porsche drivers thankfully are not afraid of the weather and several more Porsche cars showed up, mostly of the 911 variation with a few 356s and one 968. Apparently the Ferrari owners got bored and since the Italian car show ended before the Porsche car show started they also joined the Porsche car show as well. An extra Ferrari 328GTS showed up as well. While there wasn't anything super exiting at the car show it was nice to see a large outpouring of Porsches but dang it I know there are a lot more porsches in the area as I've seen different ones in the city including a couple RUF cars as well.

Someone needs to get on the ball and advertise a lot more to get more cars to show up to this event. Who cares if they're not a member of the SSPCA I want to see more pretty Porsches and more unique ones as well. Maybe they should move their show up to September as well and advertise on Porsche forums to get some more interest in this show. Maybe get a bigger venue as well.

Moving onto the cars. Like I said there was one 968 a few nice looking 356s and many variants of the 911 bodies. The latest of course was the dealership demo a nice dark green 2009 997 with the new PDK transmission the driver said it was sluggish but he is the ONLY person I've ever heard say that. Anyways it could be yours for only $99k. That was the only 997 though. Which sucks because I know there is a lot more of them running around Boise. Then there were a few 996 Turbos the rest were a smattering of 993, 964 and actual 911s. Also since they are really not 911s there were also a couple 912s. I'm such an idiot though as I forgot that there were some Boxsters and Caymans as well. I don't know how I could since one of the Caymans there was in the dark maroon red color that I love. Such a lovely color but looks much better on a 911.

With that I believe we are done with local car shows for the year. There are still two autocross events so there still might be more Porsche content posted this year and maybe I'll have to do some of my own promotion for these car shows to get some more interesting things to attend them. Anyways I didn't take a whole lot of pictures but what I did can be seen here on Flickr.
Ok there are a few times when I'll open my mouth and insert foot and this might be one of those times. After posting this I thought I would go see if SSPCA had a webpage and indeed they do so I was reading their page and found out information that probably would have been helpful to this post. While I may have gotten some facts wrong I still stand by what I said so maybe they should just add an additional car show were nonmembers can come too.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...