The Great Umbrella hunt of 08 is over


posted by sooyup on , , , , ,

No comments


Race Queen sold separately. Ok all joking aside I did finally get an umbrella to shade my self while filming autocross events and other outdoor events. I originally wanted to get a Japanese Super GT company umbrella but after several months looking and not finding one that I really liked and also discovering that the ones that I could get were seriously expensive after shipping and everything I found and purchased one from Tein here in the states.

As you can see in the picture I picked up an umbrella and T-shirt from Tein a Japanese company that sells various suspension parts for cars. As I drive a POS Chevy Lumina none of their parts are usable on my car (They only make parts for Japanese manufactured cars) but they seem to from what I've read and seen offer some pretty sweet products at reasonable prices. So if you're interested in tuning your Japaneses car you might want to check out Tein they're especially great if you like green.

Now that I have the umbrella I still have to figure out a way to rig it up so that I can have a free standing system for the umbrella (seeing as how I don't have a Race Queen) so that I don't have to hold onto it myself and so that it doesn't interfere with the filming process. I already have an idea in mind but I have to find a good way of holding the umbrella and being able to move it around easily when the sun moves. Anyways it's a good project for the winter.

Next time you see me out filming autocross you just might find me under the Tein umbrella.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...