Bleach: Memories of Nobody


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments


Sniffle sniffle there are few shows that make me really want to burst out in tears but the ending of the first Bleach movie had me choked up pretty good. I think a good part of that is due to my mother's recent passing and those feelings and emotions flooding in while watching the ending of the movie. Because I don't think I got that choked up the first time I saw this movie when it was first fansubbed.

In any case you're not here to read about my emotional state of mind. No I imagine you're here to read about the movie Bleach: Memories of Nobody. The good news is that yes finally after what two years or so the first Bleach movie is out on DVD here in the states and is easily attained from Netflix (at least it was for me, your experience may vary). I only got disk one so I don't know what is on the second disk. If you're into Bleach and not a snob who doesn't watch anything outside the manga plotline than you'll enjoy this movie even though it'll feel like an extra long filler episode. Thankfully though it's pacing is fast enough to keep the viewer ingaged at all times. For people who haven't taken the Bleach pill this movie is a good way of checking out what Bleach is about.

What I though sucked the most is that they added such an adorable interesting character Senna into the mix and then killed her off at the end. Such a horrible fate for such a cute character. The bad guys though were pretty forgettable, as bad guys go in bleach they sucked something bad alright dying off within minutes of starting a fight, but that's thanks to them being in just a movie. Ah the fate of a movie time line bad guy. Honestly though sometimes I wish the anime series bad guys would die off that fast...well at least some of them. As far as the plot goes it was pretty decent. Not the most original by any means as it's a bad guys want to destroy stuff in this case Soul Society and the real world for their lame revenge motifs (they were kicked out of soul society boohoo) but are thankfully and easily defeated by the good guys.

With all of that and a red ribbon too I do have to say that Memories of Nobody is worth a rental if you are even remotely interested in Bleach or just a good anime movie. It just sucks that it had to take that long to be released on DVD (it was released to limited theaters for a limited time...2 days in the middle of the week in the middle of June) to I'm sure coincide with the TV series release schedule as well. So that means it's going to be one hell of a long ass wait for the second movie to be released on DVD as well. Oh well that's what fansubs are for hahaha.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...