Lucky Star OVA


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Insane, yup I'm insane for watching the OVA before I've even finished the series (waiting on Disk 4 from Netflix) but I just couldn't keep myself from watching the OVA recently. Lucky Star for me was a show that I didn't jump on right away with the fansubs and I thought about doing the same with the OVA but meh here I am.

The OVA is much like the series' regular episodes but at twice the length it contains 6 mini-stories and a live action ending bit (can't think of what the hell to call it at the moment) that is pretty funny. Being as it is Lucky Star there are a good ton of anime references and gag bits stolen from several other anime shows and it's all good and lots of fun and laughs. Some parts were of course funnier than others like I thought the whole Cinderella dream mini-story was the best especially the end when Kagami woke up. I'm not a big fan of MMORP games or reading a ton of text on screen I did however get a good laugh out of that mini-story and will be looking forward to watching that one on DVD the most so I can catch more of what was going on. The lazy dog mini-story was ruined due to a posting on 4chan (yeah I really don't want to see any bestiality doujinshis thanks, nor do I want to even think about them...scrubs brain out) that I read before watching the OVA so we'll just skip that one. The volleyball mini-story was just rather meh for me as well as the lost in the forest mini-story. To be honest though I don't even remember the last mini-story. That brings us to the last bit the live action bit definitely funny and the girl is definitely cute as well. Nice end to a fun OVA.

Hopefully, cross your fingers, this will be released soon here in the states so that I along with everyone else can enjoy the DVD experience and perhaps catch some of the stuff that I missed originally. I don't even have to tell you really that this is a must see show. Rent it, buy it, steal it but probably watch it after you've finished the original series.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...