Yen Plus Magazine


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


After registering the car this morning I had some time on my hands and decided to check out Barnes and Noble before I headed home. And while I did find that over priced new Anime magazine called Future Anime I just couldn't believe they wanted $10 for a handful of double sided posters and a little bit of content. Anime Insider has more content and is about half the price. Yeah I thought New Type was expensive but at least you got a DVD with it. Anyways I set that back when I noticed there was a another new Anime/Manga type magazine called Yen Plus.

Much like Shonen Jump and Shojo Beat Yen Plus publishes several different manga stories in one monthly publication. However unlike the previous two Yen Plus publishes both Shonen and Shojo stories together. Also different is that it publishes both Japanese Left to right stories and American and Korean Right to left stories in one publication as well. Yen Plus caught my eye with the cover featuring Soul Eater, one of the animes that I'm currently watching. so of course I had to check it out. Thumbed though it, read a little bit of it here and there, noticed that it also included a chapter from the Bamboo Blade manga which was also another anime show that I watched and enjoyed. With that I decided that I was definitely going to have to buy it, but I didn't not yet anyways I didn't have any extra cash on me. So when payday roles around again I'll be picking it up. I just wanted to mention it before hand so others could go check it out as well. Just be warned though that it does come with a sticker price of $9, not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for with this manga compilation magazine.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...