Mercedes Benz SLK


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


Oh look it's another round of look what pictures I've dug up from the past. This time around it is of a lovely and fun Mercedes Benz SLK 230 w/ AMG Sport Package. There were many fun times had photographing this car. Thanks to an in with the management of Park Price motors I got to take out a brand spanking new car for an hour and photograph it. Not only that but I had a cute girl from work go out with me (her boyfriend tagged along as well, poo) to try out some modeling shoots as well. Not sure if I'll upload those too, I might later though. So yeah I had a blast driving this car around and taking pictures of it. Funny story though is that I posted the pictures on some new car photography site (like back in 2000 or so) and some teenage kid tried to shit storm with me about how this wasn't the AMG version and I had to tell him that he was an idiot because I knew it wasn't the SLK32 (which is what the AMG version is labeled as) and he didn't know how to read.

That was the first time I took it out. The car was sold (for $55k) to a guy who had to return it a month later when he found out he was going to be a daddy and traded it for a minivan (see what happens when you don't wrap IT up) so I asked if I could borrow it again. With 250miles on it already the manager did mind and said I could have it for the day if I wanted. So of course I had to go give some rides to my friends at work which was fun. Then I took it the college campus. Since it was on the weekend and pretty early still, I drove it up onto the quad and did some pictures there and around the area driving I kid you not on the sidewalk around the entire main campus area. About a week later they installed post barriers to prevent people from doing just what I did. But you know all in all photographing the SLK and being able to drive it around was a lot of fun I learned a lot trying out different things and yes I even did the stupid "shoot the car at insane angles so that you have to tilt your head to look at the picture right" shots as well. I learned my lesson on that and don't do that any more. Ironically, you can get pretty much that same car now for $15k. They even have ones in town with out the AMG Sport Package for as little as $12k.

Here's the complete set. SLK230

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...