Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments


Just a day late because I wanted to get the blogs up about Shakotan Matsuri first so waited for tonight to post my weekly review even though there isn't much to discuss. After all I did the weekly review last week in the middle of the week due to Internet outages at work and I've already blogged about the best thing that happened this last week so what else is there really.

The Olympics! Yes the Olympics finished up this last weekend and while I'm not much of a sports fan I did watch a lot of what was on thanks to working at night. One of the best games that I saw was the women's Beach Volleyball gold medal match. That second set was freaking awesome to watch. And what guy doesn't like watching women's beach Volleyball. I did watch some shooting sports on the Internet as not much if anything was shown on TV and after watching some of it I could see why it was kinda boring to watch. Skeet was fun to watch with the exploding clays. Anyways it was pretty fun to watch some of it here and there and the US came out on top with over all Medals but lost to China in Gold medals. I forgot where I found this picture or even who is in it but those are the Olympic rings and I thought it was a nice picture to use for this post.

An update on my mom's brain cancer. She finished her first round of Chemo this last week or so and has a month off before she has to go back in for more test to see if any more treatments are needed or will even help. I asked about disability and insurance and it looks like it is going to take some time (five months/weeks not sure which) for it to kick in and even then will only pay about half of what my mom was originally making so it's going to be tough going for now. Insurance is also still thankfully there but about tripled in monthly payments to keep it. It's just such a crappy wait and see process but then it got even worse on Friday when my mom had her first seizure. When my sister called me back to tell me how our mom was doing she said she was doing OK and sleeping peacefully so that was good but still scary to hear about. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers again.
I just saw that this was my 100th post on blogger. Just thought that I'd note that.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...