Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Welcome to the end of another hot hot week. Yup August is definitely here and it didn't forget the hot weather that it brings with it. Thursday and Friday were exceptionally bad due to the high humidity that we normally don't see here. Thankfully though it was a un-eventful week. I was setting up some photography ideas that I had but the weather brought on procrastination so didn't actually shoot anything. But I did find some old pictures to upload and will do that occasionally here and there.

What I did do though was watch a bunch of DVDs and of course due to availability of DVDs from Netflix I ended up starting several different shows. I finally watched the first disk of Lucky Stars and yes I laughed my ass off. I can see why folks were and are so crazy about that show. Now it'll probably take another month to get the next DVD of that show. STOP HORDING DISKS PEOPLE, DAMN IT! So because the next disk wasn't available I received Sam & Max instead, now if you older like me you probably remember the game more the cartoon and when I saw that there was a cartoon I had to get the DVD of course. And to be honest it's not nearly as funny as I remember the game being but still it had some good laughs. Now I could have gotten the other Sam & Max disk but ended up getting the first disk of Oban Star Racers.

I missed a lot of the original airing of Oban when it first aired and wanted to finish what I started. I'm glad I did the DVD version was much better than I remember the broadcast version being and apparently that is because the DVD is based on the UK broadcast featuring different songs and I'm assuming because I can't honestly remember all the fine details more details. Another great thing about it is that the music is composed by the great Yoko Kanno so the music is fantastic of course. I'll do a full review later when I'm able to finish this. I'll probably finish it before I get the second disk to Lucky Star.

Well that's the end of another dull hot week of August so until next time...

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...