Cars of Shakotan Matsuri 08


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments


While I was writing the first blog about Shakotan Matsuri I realized that it would be way to long if I went on about the cars as I had a lot more to say so I decided to do two blog entries for Shakotan Matsuri with one focusing on the the cars attending the show. While I wish I could tell you all the winners to be honest not only can I not remember them all they gave out names mostly and I don't know who drives what but for a handful of people so you'll have to forgive me on that part. Again here is the link to all the pictures Flickr for your convenience. The easiest way to do this would be to separate the cars into their respective manufactures including subgroups.
I just found a place that posted the official results of the shows winners so you can pretty much disregard my mubblings about who won as I think I got some wrong but I'm to lazy to fix it right now. Tunerzine

Honda/Acura: There was a huge turn out for Hondas and Acuras from run of the mill Accords to a nice black NSX. There were also some RHD Hondas as well. I saw a CRX RHD and a couple Civics that were RHD. I don't know who the runner up was but the winner for Hondas was a local autox'er that I've met before, at the Treasure Valley Mustang and Ford car show where he also took first place, Jonathan with his nicely sorted out Honda S2000. The other Honda S2000 was entered into the Drift category or else it might have been a tougher time judging the Hondas. The NSX left before judging started otherwise it might have won something also. Although I did get a good laugh at the NSX's driver's big toes which were painted with skull and cross bones.

Mazda: The rotary heads were in good form with a nice sampling of Mazda power from one Miata a handful of various generation RX-7 and my roommate's Turbocharged RX-8. Bandon was able to make it there with a borrowed alternator to show off his three rotary RX-7 followed by much joking about the need for milk. However, the car that won the Mazda trophy was a first generation RX-7 with an engine swap. Leo was runner up (with a nice piston trophy too) with his nicely done red RX-7. Maybe next year Scott.

Nissan/Infinity: Probably the second largest group of cars with everything from a very nice looking original Datsun 240Z to the two RHD Skylines (yet again both are for sale) yet for the most part it was various models of the 240sx that were in the majority. Followed by a handful of 350Zs and Infinity G35s followed by the RHD 300ZX which to be honest I really don't like and yet got some award or another. Ok if he would strip the paint and decals and redo it so that it looked cleaner it wouldn't be so bad. The winner for Nissan was the yellow 350Z and the runner up was the Red with carbon fiber hood (pictured) 350Z. I like that one because of the lil' RQ figurine on his dashboard, it's totally JDM. After taking a look for the first time at those Skylines I still have to say they are pretty meh for the prices they demand but they are interesting to look at. They did gather large groups of onlookers though.


Mitsubishi: Handful of EVO's and an Eclipse (well two if you really count the Eagle Talon) were there. Other than the Dealer EVO X MR there was one other EVO X followed by a very nice looking with lots of kit and shiny go fast parts EVO Pedobear...LOL yes another pedobear EVO. I did finally get a picture of the "V-tec this" Eclipse from the North West Motorfest car show. I don't know who won in this category though.
Subaru: Another group that had only a handful of cars entered but the ones that were there looked really nice but I know hardly anything about the cars other than changing their spark plugs are a HUGE pain in the ass. Later that night I did spy a pretty rare, I think, Forester STI sitting outside the show area. They should have entered the show. Again I don't have a clue who won this group either.

Toyota/Lexus/Scion: I find it rather odd that the two VIP style Lexus sedans didn't even enter the VIP category. There was a couple other Lexus cars there but I didn't get any pictures of them or even looked at them all that closely. There was only a handful of Toyotas again with two Supras an older MR2 and an much older Corolla which showed up much later and I didn't photograph. While the "Fast & Furious" Supra won, I honestly have to say I found a much better looking Supra sitting outside the Show area. I would have hoped that if they had entered they would have won instead. As for the Scions well I guess one of them was featured in the latest Scion commercial so that's cool, just not my cup of tea.

I believe that wraps up my small review of the cars that were at Shakotan Matsuri or atleast it's what I remember about it anyways. Yet again I just want to say that I had a good time meeting new people and seeing some different cars that I haven't seen before and here's to a much bigger and better show next year.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...