Spring 2009 anime roundup


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments


It's well into the Spring season now and since there already is a Summer preview chart out already I thought I should get on the ball and do my anime roundup of the shows that I'm watching from this season. And it's actually quit a lot of good stuff. It actually kind of caught me off guard a bit by how much was actually worth watching. A bit different than what I originally thought I'd be watching.

Asura Cryin': Another Supernatural Mecha show with spirits and what not all wrapped up in a school setting. So far it's been pretty interesting with some good mecha action and side kick hilarity has a little bit of fanservice but I like the girl with glasses and built in weaponry which is what got me to watch it in the first place.

Basquash: At first I wasn't all that interested in it since I thought it was going to be a mecha sports show but then the fanservice started showing up on a couple chan sites so decided I'd give it a try and it turned out to be a fairly interesting non-sports mecha show where the basketball part so far only takes up a small part of the anime.

Eden of the East: This by far is one of the better series quality wise of the season. Not much has really be revealed yet but what we have seen has been interesting and fun to watch so far.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I already like this version of FMA only a few episodes in seems to be moving at a faster pace than the first one and the quality of the anime is better than the original.

Hatsukoi Limited: This is one of the purely guilty pleasure shows of the season don't know anything about it but the fanservice is quit nice and it's actually pretty funny when it wants to be even though it looks to be more of a school romance show than anything else.

K-ON!: OMFG this is just the best show of the season MOE MOE KYUN indeed. It's hard not to just love how funny and cute it is.

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: Cute mindless assassin for the win. Not really sure where it's going but so far from what I've seen it's pretty good a bit of fanservice but the assassin part is what makes this show.

Queen's Blade: The second just guilty pleasure show of the season QB is just a T&A show with a bit of plot tossed in but really it's all about the other part. It has been a pain though as I got my first DMCA Violation for downloading it so have been a bit more careful of late but I'm still watching it.

Sengoku BASARA: Based on a video game and the war states period of Japan this is mostly a fighting show and I'm watching it for the hilarity of some of the characters. The fighting is cool but sometimes all to short but with the over the top characters it's just keeps you coming back for more. Blondie Ninja girl isn't so bad either.

Shangri-la: Two words Range Murata is the reason that I was interested in watching this show and while some parts keep me scratching my head it has been interesting enough to keep me watching I love the animation of Range Murata but the anime has to be interesting to keep me watching and so far it has done just that. I do like is idea of what the future will be like though.

Tayutama: I'd like to think of it as a cross between Horo from Spice and Wolf and Mayu from Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun (same art director does both anime shows) a powerful goddess comes back to fight evil spirits and in the process she becomes the wife of a priest in training during all this she is going to school to learn how to be more human. A little bit of fanservice and a lot of school hijink hilarity and just a touch of violence rounds out the eroge turned anime.

Valkyria Chronicles: Another game based anime the art direction of this show is just a bit different but it makes it look pretty cool actually and so far it's been a pretty interesting some times comical series with a good deal of military action and adventure going on.

Think that's enough shows to be watching at one time? Well thanks to work taking it's toll of things I've actually been running behind on some of the shows that I've been meaning to watch from the previous season. Not only that but I've been missing some shows due to a slow down in sub groups that I like subbing some shows at a very slow rate. There are also the OVAs as well but I'll just blog about them when I finish watching them. What's even worse is that May is already here and that means next month the Summer season starts and there is already a V1 Chart for summer out already at the blog that is responsible for the charts.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...