May 17, 2009 Autocross


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments


HOT! Easily sums up how last Sunday's autocross event was. It was the hottest day of the year and the event started at least a good hour later than usual which left me running home at about 3pm to the comfort of A/C.

Thanks to the event from the previous day not cleaning up their crap that was left all over the parking lot it took members of the SRRSCCA a long time to clean up and set up the course which is why the event had to start hours later than normal putting the majority of the event into the hottest part of the day. At least it was still able to happen. Of course I didn't get there until pretty late so wasn't able to walk the course and find a really good place to set up my camera and video gear but my roommate was able to point out a pretty good spot.

It was a good thing that I went out there since there was a good number of different cars that haven't been out before including a nice older Porsche 911 with whaletail. I love those types of 911's but holy hell it was SLOW at least during the first session. Some other interesting cars were a couple of race cars that I haven't seen before and a new EVO X.

The second run group was a bit annoying since it was a bit of a cluster fuck getting the spotter and I ended up with one that liked to chitchat a bit which is OK so long as they don't make any remarks about the cars and drivers but does throw me off my game a little bit and you can see that with the videos.

After getting lunch which was a much needed several glasses of water and a Milkshake we headed back and I decided that I had had enough for the day and didn't want to stay much longer so decided to call it a day after taking some more pictures of the cars out in the parking lot even some that were not out running in the autocross event.

Ended up with a few more than a hundred pictures but only posted 88 of them on flickr and also only ended up with 68 videos (the new ones go to page 4 with the last new video being the Nissan 240SX) since I skipped the second session of the event after lunch. I did go for one ride along in the packed Subaru Outback for a little ride, which was fun. All in all it was fun but damn hot and it's only going to get hotter still.

Here's just a sample video.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...