G.I. Joe Resolute


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


I grew up in the '80s with the old school GI JOE cartoon and I liked it and I was hyped to see that it was going to be made into a Live Action Movie. Well I was up until I heard about how the studio was changing crap to make it more "friendly" to a larger world market. Then I was greatly disappointed in the movie when I started seeing the new toy line up and what good ol' Cobra Commander was going to look like. Feeling a bit let down by the whole deal I was surprised to see a new cartoon floating around the Internet that I hadn't heard of called G.I. Joe: Resolute.

Originally played out as 5 min webisodes on with a 10 min season finale G.I. Joe: Resolute aired recently on [adult swim]and I found it on the Internet quit by accident but as a long time fan of the series I decided to give it a shot. Couldn't be any worse than that crap series Sigma 6 after all.

Resolute goes straight for the more mature crowd of fans with a PG13 rating and it doesn't waste any time making that rating known with the death of Major Blood at the hands of Cobra Commander (we don't see the actual killing but you get the idea). With that as the start the death toll only rises and while you never get to see any blood you know that people are kicking the bucket. It's not just the Joes and Cobra forces that are taking the swan dive either as Cobra Commander who isn't a pansy ass joke of a leader in this one takes out Russia with his super weapon of the week.

Not only is there a death toll but the actual combat looks real and has some thought as to how things work and that lends it self to being so much more interesting than the old everyone rush out and start shooting plan. All of that rolled up into a nice hour long program or so makes me happy to have seen it and it renews my interest in the franchise. I didn't like the looks of either the Baroness or Destroy but the rest of the characters and vehicles are updated for the new show and surprise of surprises we actually learn why Snake Eyes doesn't talk. I've always wondered why that was and now I know. In any case I'm sure it'll be out on DVD soon but why wait really you can find it pretty easily on YouTube and after a quick little look on [adult swim] turns up the videos as well. Or you could just torrent it too.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...