Updating Blogger


posted by sooyup

No comments


A new year is fast approaching and I'm thinking I need to do some updates to the ol' blog to make it more interesting, updated more frequently and include more interesting stuff. Take for instance this last week only two or three updates to the blog. Yeah I fail. So I was thinking of adding some stuff and changing a few things around.

Since I don't have the Idiots Guide to Blogging my approach to blogging is that I look around see what works for other people and then I steal it....well OK I don't really steal it so much as look at how maybe I can make that idea work for my own blog without looking like I'm stealing.

I originally set out to do this blog about the things that I like which includes Anime, firearms, automotive (including motorsports), photography and just about anything else really that I found interesting. For the most part I'm doing really great on posting about anime but I'm almost entirely neglecting the firearms part. Which leaves the automotive part mostly in the middle. However, I've also seemed to add Japanese movies and a lot of Idol stuff as well during my time blogging.

Because of that I have been thinking of how best to improve my blog for the upcoming year to not only post more frequently but to also include more of what I'm interested in. Increasing my readership and clicks on AdSense wouldn't be a bad thing either. On a side note a couple of the things I know I need to work on is Grammar and on making my reviews more interesting to read as well. Two things that I just need to work on regardless.

Not only do I need to work on my writing but I believe I need to add some things to keep readers coming back day after day. This last year I added the Hottie of the day and Anime Hottie of the day but neither of them have really gotten big hits like I thought they would. No big deal really but I might scale that back to only one instead of two and alternate it between days but I might just change it to an animated Gif of the day instead since I found out how to post an animated gif finally.

The next thing I'm thinking of doing is adding a couple of dailies. Like a Foxy Friday, a Shooter Saturday and maybe just to drive some views an Ani-Monday which would leave Tuesday-Thursday open to regular posts. I'd keep the Weekly Review on Sunday of course. Actually maybe I should toss something automotive in there as well. I'd still have to find content but It'd be easier than waiting until I finished something.

This year I'm also thinking of actually going forth with commissioning a Blog Idol. But that will be for later. Hopefully all this will work out in the end and I'll have a better blog in the end. Not Dannychoo great but at least something that gets commented on occasionally more than once in a blue moon. Someone suggested that I should ask questions of the readers to get more comments and maybe I'll start to do that as well.

This blog posting has gone on for long enough so I'll end it here and actually ask a question of the readers. With the daily pictures should I change that to only one image instead of two or should I change it to an animated gif?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...