Akikan! OVA


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments


Every now and then you think you'll watch an anime just for the lolz and that's why I decided that I'd watch the OVA for Akikan! a pretty bland and quality-less anime from several seasons ago that got horrid ratings from just about everyone so it was something I skipped but I figured the OVA might be interesting in that it'll be chuck full of fanservice and lolz. Boy was I wrong.

Mostly I was wrong on the Lolz part there was moderate fanservice but zero actual nudity the girls kept their fuzz and nips covered at all times and for an episode that takes place entirely in a spa that's just a bit unnatural for an natural for a series special OVA.

On the lolz part it just couldn't seem to make up it's mind whether it wanted to be all out funny or not and while there were some funny parts you'd suddenly find yourself in a teenage angst moment which usually left you thinking..."boy this is really lame." Not exactly the way to go with a fanservice OVA.

The quality was probably on par with the series as it really wasn't all that great and looked like third rank amateurs did the work. I was looking for just some mindless fun entertainment that I didn't need to have watched an entire season to enjoy like with the Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Hardcore OVA however that wasn't what I got I got a waste of time and a download. If you liked the series than you'll probably like the OVA but other than that I just can't recommend it at all.

If you really want to check it out here is the trailer:

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...