Anime Recap


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Recapping a week in anime news and junk. The first in hopefully a recurring weekly feature where I discuss anime stuff that wouldn't normally fit into it's own blog post because there is just to little to write a full post on. Also sort of a quick place to note breaking news and updates on what I'm watching. Sounds like fun right. Well hopefully that will be what it's all about anyways we'll just have to wait and see what it turns out to be or if I end up scrapping it all together later.

Lets hit on the biggest WTF moment of the week. For the fansub watchers one of the best ways to find new subs for all things Otaku suddenly went down and we lost Tokyo Toshokan. The rumors were that FUNimation was responsible for it due to One Piece subs but there was nothing official on that so I'd still just treat it as a rumor. Thankfully it just looks, from their website, that something just broke. Of course those who didn't have other means of finding recent fansubs were left flapping in the wind and scrambling to find new places for torrents. My suggestion would be to just look at the anime you're watching and head to the official fansubbers' website and start there. At least until TT is back up and running some time after Christmas.

I've been finding several previews for the upcoming winter season and while it's not that many total shows coming out in winter there seems to be plenty to watch. I'll showcase a few of them later during the week along with some downloadable ones that are not viewable on YouTube. Should prove to be interesting and worth a couple days posts...hahaha yes I'm going to be lazy this week.

For fans of Studio Gibli they announced a new movie to be released in 2010 and it's going to be a remaking of The Borrowers a book about little (think action figure size) people who live in the human world and borrow things from it to survive. While not exactly the same I grew up watching a cartoon called the The Littles which was basically the same principle so I'm a bit more interested to see this movie unlike their last two. The title of the film is called Karigurashi no Arrietty.

Last but not least this week is my huge annoyance at NETFLIX who keeps pissing me off with it's incredibly slow anime releases and disk availability someone on either side of the spectrum really needs to get their asses in gear and fix the damn problem once and for all. I'm tired of waiting MONTHS to get a new release I don't know if this is just an issue here in Boise or it's a wide spread problem but I'm really thinking of cutting back Netflix to their cheapest service and going some where else for my anime rentals. Is any one else using Netflix for anime also experiencing this issue? If so how do you deal with it? Also is there a better service out there just for anime titles that doesn't have any issues like this? Hey I like watching anime on DVD legally but dammit all to hell at least make it easy for me (and others) to rent the damn titles when they are actually released not months later.

I think I'll leave you this week with a bit of anime video goodness and the trailer to....well something not entirely anime related but pretty damn cool none the less.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...