Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 1st Movie


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


Gurren Lagann Guren Hen is the first movie that combines the first 15 episodes of the series into a nicely condensed movie format which includes some 20 minutes of new animation. It was released on DVD April 22nd in Japan and was shortly subbed and watched by myself and others. As a huge fan of the series I must say that it rocks and I'm impatiently awaiting Bandai's US release. I know I've said that the series is a must buy and while I just haven't had the money to do so my self I've been watching it (twice now) on Scifi channel, getting the DVDs from Netflix and buying some stuff here and there to support my Gurren Lagann (and more honestly Yoko) addiction. However with a movie edition I can easily afford that and hey it even has new animation in it too.

I wont really bore you with the details of the stuff that you've already seen and honestly it wraps up a lot of the crew gathering episodes (but short changes us the bathhouse fanservice goodness) into a short lil' montage but leaves in most of the battles up until the big boss battles. That's where a lot of the new animation comes in. The ending boss (the four generals) battles get rolled into one massive combining mecha slug fest that is just freaking epic. Kamina still dies and I still shed a tear because of it. We get to see a lil bit more of the lovely Yoko (rumors are her nipples make an appearance in the second movie...WOWZERS) and we leave off at the end of the movie right before the attack on Lord Genome himself.

I WANT THIS DVD BADLY! Not only is it the movie but it might also include the new Yoko music video as well. That's what the Japanese version came with, I'd like that and a DVD copy of the Parallel Works stuff as well. Those were awesome little shorts. Anyways more Gurren Lagann stuff is always appreciated I just wish it would all make it here to the states ASAP so that I can buy it and enjoy it while supporting the arts so to speak. I also need more Gurren Lagann revoltech figures as well dang it.

Just because I <3 Yoko that much here is the preview for the Yoko Idol CD/Music Video that apparently is getting released next month and not with the DVD of the movie I guess I don't know actually, I wish they would just make up their mind already.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...