Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , , , , , ,

No comments


What a draining week this week was. The first half of the week was the worst week ever pretty much. Because I find my sister so freaking annoying when she's on the phone I was actually thankful that she was the one to call. She called and told me that our Mother had been diagnosed with brain cancer. So far there hasn't been any more test to discover how bad it is or what the option will be but still that is just sickening news to find out especially when you are just about to get to sleep. I didn't lose it because I was talking to my sister but the minute I tried talking to my mom I lost it in about 10 seconds and I couldn't stop crying until my sister got back on the phone. I did some research on the stuff looked up some more information and have been able to calm down a bit but yeah it's been troubling to think about and I just don't really know what to do at the moment. I tried canceling my flight down to Reno for the wedding and telling my friend that I couldn't go because of the situation with my mom even though my mother told me to go anyways. The problem with that is that they actually charge you more money to cancel the flight and then only give you back a voucher for another flight. So it looks like I'm still going to the wedding and I'll just put on a happy face and move forward even though I feel guilty about it. Bleh!

Thankfully on Saturday I was able to take my mind of the problems from earlier this week by attending the 25th annual Treasure Valley Mustang and Ford Club car show with my Roommate Scott and his father. I took some nice and some not so nice snap shots at the show had fun looking around at all the nice stuff in the valley and getting an up close and personal look at a Ford GT. It only had 700 miles on it and the guy has had it for 3 years. Funny thing is that it wasn't the most expensive car there. No that was a nice Ford GT35oH one of only 57 Blue with Gold strips Hertz GT350s. There was a lot of other nice cars and unfortunately neither Scott or his father won any awards at the show but we had a good time looking around at some cool stuff. Also for the JDM fans out there a real Right hand drive Nissan 350Z that was brought back from Okinawa made an apperance. Sure it looked rather ricey with the scissor doors, decals and stereo install but hey everyone has their own taste and just how often do you see a right hander in Idaho of all places.

Of course my day was totally made when we left the show and made our way to the after show dinner place. Sort of like Hooters but honestly in my opinion much nicer place called Cheerleaders. Now you're probably thinking Cheerleaders...so they're dressed like cheerleaders right? Well no, that's what I thought too but actually they were dressed more like Refs in skirts...skimpy little skirts and cleavage. The girls didn't make the day (though they were NICE!) no the lovely Porsche 911 GT2 that was parked outside, which we believe was the owners personal car, that made my day. Funny story too Scott and I went and looked at the Ford Mustang GT350E (E for Elenore from that movie) that was sitting outside and when we went to go inside we went into this unmarked door just thinking it was the side door got inside and found out that we were in a glassed in room. Looked around a little bit saw the cheerleaders laughing and made a hasty retreat and found the real entrance. Apparently that is the normal resting place of the Ford Mustang lives and is usually locked.

So yeah that was the week and this next week is going to be a nut job as well with visiting my mom for the first time after hearing the news and heading off to the wedding and even finding out about my stupid turnsignal ticket. So until next Monday probably, later.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...