Some Infos about Wu Chun


posted by sooyup on

No comments



Source: Dong Fang Morning News Web
Transferred from: ce.cn
Translated by yucilang

[6.6.08]Wu Zun:One day when I'm no longer popular, I'll return to Brunei

Compared to Fahrenheit’s success, Wu Zun became more popular faster as an individual. Taiwan’s version of Hana Kimi became a catalyst to Wu Zun–Ella’s rumours and shot Wu Zun to fame as the new generation Taiwan idol. Born in 1979, he was considered overage to portray a high school student when he entered the industry at 26. Viewers would rather doubt the fact that he was born in 1979 than speculate that his innocence was just an act.

"Jian Die", in the process of filming in Shanghai, is Wu Zun’s first movie. To WZ, for the first time, he finally understands what acting is all about. “When I was filming idol dramas, the scenes would be cleared in one or two takes. As for this movie, Director Ma Chu Cheng would often insist on a few takes or over ten takes for the same scene. I feel that the process allows me to find the feel to filming a show.”

During the press conference crowded with reporters, WZ spoke little, the shy WZ only responded with a few words as Ah Sa spoke. When the crowd has eased, WZ opened up. After chatting for a long time, he invited the reporters to have afternoon tea together, sharing the yoghurt drink and Taiwan tidbits he brought to Shanghai. Many of his actions were like the characters he portrayed in idol dramas – a sunshine boy who has not grown up. However, while responding to the interview questions, he seemed matured. When asked when he has begun to feel that he is popular, he said “Not when I have screaming fans wherever I go, but when I start to have endorsement deals. It represents a form of recognition by other people.” When asked about his plans when he is no longer popular, he says, “One day, when I feel that I can no longer continue with this journey, I’ll return to Brunei!”

On life – his love for food, sports, meeting Aaron Kwok at the gym

Before the interview, I (reporter) have heard stories about his love for food and his huge appetite from Director Ma. At the shooting location, I’ve even witnessed his large collection of tidbits. According to WZ, because the filming period is long, he has brought 2 luggage filled with 15 types of food. “Basically, I would have to eat during every break. But I won’t eat too much, just one for each type.”

Regarding his love for food, he has no reservations about this topic. “I love eating since I was young. When we ate out, a table with more than 10 adults, I would be too eager and starts to eat without waiting for them. My mum would hit my hand and say that children are not allowed to start eating before the adults.”

Due to his love for food, he claims that he was once a fat kid. “Back then, my arms look like lotus roots. When aunties (referring to middle aged women in general) saw my face, they can’t resist pinching it.”

He slimmed down after he reached puberty at 12. He says, I began to have a love for basketball, I slimmed down quickly, and gradually became “eat but won’t grow fat”. Since he can “eat but won’t grow fat”, then why does he love to work out? After all, many artistes only work out to stay trim. “I wanted to look good in clothes!” WZ explained, “When I was 15 or 16 years old, I was watching a catwalk show in Singapore and I envy how great they look in those clothes. My brother-in-law asked me, do you want to be like them? I said yes, and started to work out.”

According to sources, because of this hobby, WZ met Aaron Kwok at a gym when he was studying in Australia. Back then, Aaron told the 19-year-old, “no limits to a bright future”. To date, WZ hasn’t fully understood the Heavenly King’s word.

On family – Dad taught him basketball

Heard many stories about his mum. He often said that his late mum gave him the courage to join the industry. Because his mum’s courage to fight the illness made him feel that there’s nothing that cannot be overcome. Hence, a shy person since young, someone who was afraid to go on stage to receive the prize for coming in 1st in a body-building competition, decided to join the e-circle.

After joining the industry, he often wondered whether he should step out of the limelight. “In part I gave myself a 3-year goal and I also want to spend more time with my Dad. When I 1st entered the circle, he was 58, but he was already 61 when he came to visit me last month. I don’t want to regret like in my mother’s case.”

His good family background is common knowledge. His Dad, Wu Jing Tian, is in the property management industry. A media report has estimated that including his Uncle’s Brunei’s largest car distributor business, his family business could be worth up to 10 billion HKD. But to WZ, the most lasting impression of his father were the times when he taught him basketball while he was still a child. “My dad was a national player, when I was about 10, he taught me basketball. During the 1st lesson, he told me that I must learn to play with both left and right hands.”

Other than working out, playing basketball is WZ’s favourite hobby and he once took part in a match in which Yao Ming was in the opposition team.

On relationships – Hopes to get married and have kids early

When asked about which recent matters, in particular, news reports on him which left a deep impression. Without hesitating, he replied, “The gay rumours and the rumour with Ella.” He is now used to such rumours. WZ says he frequently visits fan sites to read about others’ opinions of himself. Will you feel down after reading them? He pondered and shook his head, “No”.

Although there were many rumours, the only relationships he admitted to, happened before he entered the e-circle. In Brunei, people get married at the average age of 25. From the statistics, WZ is considered very late in settling down. WZ said that he’s very bothered with this. “Of course, my Dad would not give me pressure, but I know that he hopes that I would settle down soon. For me, I don’t want to marry too late, I don’t want my wife to conceive too late.”

If this is the only consideration, why don’t you find a younger girl? “However, it seems that the girls I meet are usually older.”

Have you met a suitable girl? “I have been busy filming, I have no time…” Must she be outside this industry? “Leave it to fate.”

On his idol – He was “rejected” by Michael Jordan

Being a popular artiste, he often encounters fans’ requests to take photos and autograph. He says that he usually would not reject them, “because I know that the fans would be very sad if they got rejected”.

A basketball lover since young, WZ has always viewed Michael Jordan as his idol. On his trip to US to watch Jordan play, “I have prepared a gift for him. It was his name being drawn to look like a dragon. After the competition, I went to look for him. He was driving a Ferrari then. He said that he could not fit the gift in his car and did not accept it. I was very sad back then. It was my first time giving something to my idol.”

In view of his own experience, he always tells his fans, “Don’t give me presents, I don’t want to hurt you.” He says, he will never accept expensive gifts, e.g. handphone etc, “I will accept food. Even though my company disallows it, but I feel that I should consider the fans’ feelings.”

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...