Range Report 2 new goodies


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


It's been a while since I've been to the range and in that time I picked up the Hogue overmold plastic grips and a new case. I heard that some people really just don't like the Hogue grips but after shooting with them this morning I think those people are just smoking freaking crack or something. The Model 15 was much more managable and comfortable to shoot with the new grips. It also makes the Model 15 look just that much better in my opinion. The first group of 50 rounds were pretty good the second 50 rounds...not so much. I think that had more to do with the heavier loads in the second group. The wadcutters were nice and lite and didn't have much more kick than the 22 but the semi-wadcutters had a bit more oomph to them so I caught myself pushing the revolver in anticipation of the recoil. Also not so good. All in all I really like the new grips and the new bag is really handy to have as well.

Also finished off the rest of the 22 ammo that I had brought with me too. Ending up being just shy of 130 rounds. With the Mosquito well lubbed up I was able to get through all that with only 3 FTF or FTE. That is what you call impressive for a Mosquito which has a healthy history of not wanting to even go through an entire magazine without a problem. With the Mosquito I'm mostly just having fun and messing around with it so have a ton of rounds outside of the orange but nothing to drasticly bad.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...