Blood: The Last Vampire


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Well I was thinking of what I should blog about and low and behold I remember that I have as of yet still not blogged about finally watching the Live Action movie version of Blood: The last Vampire. It's been about a week since I've watched it and I can't believe it's taken me this long to blog about it. Actually that should tell you something of what I thought of the movie. Is it good meh yeah it's pretty OK but it sure didn't live up to the hype and anticipation that I initially had of it when I first heard about the updated project many many moons ago.

I was one of those people that absolutely loved the animated short movie and thought that the 50 episode anime take off was really well done so my hopes were high for the movie but like all Hollywood movies they royally FUBARed the crap out the original movie to make up the time. I think everyone would agree that if they kept to the old script and fleshed it out more like a good back story as to what and why Saya is fighting would be great and then to go forward from the last fight of the anime.

Instead they add a lot more to the secret society even going so far as to make them look like bad guys in the end (way to go Hollywood) and then they add the all mighty mom vampire and while that somewhat gives you a handy back story it totally sucks especially when Saya and her mom have to do the big boss battle in some mystic land of all places for the climax. What the crap that was lame. Hello the title says last VAMPIRE not a Vampire and her mommy.

So yeah those are the most terrible parts of the movie what makes up for all this is the fantastic filming. They do a pretty dang good job of taking us back to 1970's Japan and Army base and even the full on monster looks pretty good even if it doesn't look anything like the monsters from the anime. The characters are awesome and it just looks really good for what it is. And while it's by no means Japanese B-movie gory there is a decent amount of blood and guts gore to be seen, just a word to the wise. So honestly I think it's a pretty decent rental choice but I really don't think it's worth purchasing unless you are serious die-hard fan of the series and absolutely have to have every title available.

Check out the trailer below:


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...