Project Umbrella: FINISHED


posted by sooyup on , , , , ,

No comments


The last piece finally fell into place this weekend when I stopped by Idaho Camera, a locally owned all things camera outfit here in town, and picked up my light stand for less than I could find them on the Internet for. So all total now I spent about $75 on an interesting (to me at least) way to give my pasty white ass some shade while out filming autocross events. Of course if I had known that they were only $20 here in town I would have picked one up a long damn time ago.

Anyways I put it all together superglued the base of the airfreshner Race Queen to the stand and tried it out for a little bit. It definitely so far works for what I want it to do and will give it the final test run this coming weekend when I take it out to the Expo Center for the first Autocross event of 2009.

I'm really looking forward to that because not only do I have shade I have an easy way of telling people that I'm out filming as all they'll have to look for is the Green and White Umbrella from Tein. While I don't have anything to do with Tein they had the best looking and least expensive and easily to get large umbrella. Plus they are a cool company I just can't use any of their merchandise on my lame cheapo Chevy Lumina.

I just might be able to use the exposure to get more umbrellas for next year. That's what I'm going to try for anyways as I'm not entirely sure if the umbrella will make it through the entire year. I hope it does but it is white in part after all.

A close up look of the itty bitty race queen.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...