2009 Boise Roadster Show


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


First car show of the year is always the Boise Roadster Show which was held on the Second weekend of March and while I have gone to it before I've passed going for several years due to the high volume of the same old same old year after year. This year my roommate's father entered his 65 Mustang and we got 4 day passes so decided to go this year since well I was bored and I heard there was a couple Porsche displays and a GTR. Then there was also the bikini contest. Figured what better way to break the winter doldrums and lack of any video postings than to film the bikini contest and take the 50mm lens out for a test drive.

We went on Friday evening pretty much to look about take some pictures and of course to film the bikini contest. You can read about that on the previous two posts. I found out that the 50mm lens doesn't work so well for car shows but the roommate did get some good shots of the girls with it while I was filming. So that means I had to go back on Saturday to shot the cars which wasn't too bad at all really.

I went back myself on Saturday morning and apparently so did everyone else. I got there soon after it was open for the day and the place was already packed. Of course that just makes it very hard to shot the cars with people standing in front of them talking and doing stupid people things. So yeah the cars. Actually it looked to me that there was a bit less turn out than the previous years that I've been to it. A sign of the times perhaps. I did check out the Silver GTR and it's HUGE and awesome in person. There was also a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe as well as a Nissan 370Z and while I've already seen the 370Z the Genesis coupe looks pretty nice in person as well.

As I'm a huge Porsche fan I was really looking forward to the Porsche display until I saw it and then the dealership display. Crappy displays both of them. The dealership which has a Porsche Design Cayman and a white 911 Turbo Cab at their dealership only brought a plain jane Boxster and a 911 C2 Cab. What in the piss, it's a car show bring the cool shit out for people to look at not the boring everyday things. They did have a Cayanne GTS but they've had that thing forever.

But it wasn't nearly as crappy as the Silver Sage Porsche club display. Remember them they do a show in October yeah well this display sucked and I took a picture of it to show how not to do a display. They had five cars crammed into a tiny space and had it roped off with stupid checkered triangles and the larger safety cones making it imposable to take any type of good picture since the rope was almost on top of cars. Really crappy display and the worst at the show by far. They didn't even mention anything about their own show in October what a way to pass up an opportunity to advertise. Not the worst looking cars though, no that goes to one of those god awful hideous 53 commemorative edition Corvettes sitting next to an overpriced new ZR-1 Corvette.

As for all the other stuff...well it wasn't half bad if you're into the trailer queened roadster and muscle car scene. I'm not so much but it was a good opportunity to take some more car show pictures and do something other than surf the Internet at home on a Saturday morning. I did like seeing the GTR finally and the bikini contest was also fun to watch. I'm definitely looking forward to the other car shows this year though. In the mean time you can find all the other pictures from the Roadster Show here.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...