Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


Thanks to a change up in the work schedule I'm just a bit early on the weekly review but it's alright. This week has been interesting. I got the photography job and have already completed photographing one hotel and processing the pictures. I might post pictures later but not at the moment. I'll do the next two hotels in the following mornings after work and get those pictures processed so that I can get paid. I have a figure on hold that I really need to pay for and I'm also almost completely out of food as well. I'm more worried about the food than the figure though. Hopefully I'll have a nice fat check for $1500 in my grubby lil' mits by Monday or Tuesday.

Another interesting thing that I photographed this week was a pretty good looking Lamborghini Countach S kit car. I'm about 90% sure that it was a kit car but I forgot to look for the lamborghini plate on the driver's side side window. You can thank Jay for pointing that out to me because I was really hoping that it was a real one as it would have been another exotic car that is a must see that I could have scratched off the list. It still looked nice minus the poser knockoff wheel caps.

Anyways I've been taking pictures with a rented wide angle lens that I got from borrowlenses.com and it's been a great experience. I was wondering how it would work out and so far it's been just wonderful. I get to play with a $600 pro lens for a week for a tenth of the price. I picked up a Tokino 12-24mm F4 (IF) DX and it came with a UV filter all for $68 shipped (includes insurance and return shipping). It's turned out to be a great choice and I would suggest that any photographers out there reading this look into renting lenses as it's a great way to expand your lens exposure and a great way to try before you buy as well. Of course I had to check out the lens before I shot the hotels so took some pictures of my room which I posted to Dannychoo.com and on flickr so if you've ever wondered what my room looks like you can see it there.

Don't really have anything else going on at the moment I've mentioned that my mom had gotten worse as the brain cancer has gotten more aggressive lately and there hasn't been any news on that front so I'm just hoping that she'll hold out for a bit longer so that I'll be able to visit her next week probably for the last time. Makes you think about how precious life is when it's coming down to the wire like that but sadly that's just how life is and you have to roll with the punches and hope you have the time to tell your loved ones one last time how much you love them. So on that sad note I'm ending this weekly review and looking forward to a happier next week. Atleast we have the yearly company picnic at Boondocks on Monday so that might be fun. Atleast it's free food and entertainment atleast. Until next week.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...