Anime News


posted by sooyup on , , , , ,

No comments


Yes there seems to be lots of interesting news about anime floating around lately and since I have nothing better to blog about at the moment I'd like to go over some of the interesting things that I've heard of lately.

Lets start with what's on TV and coming to TV soon. Finally they moved the third season of Venture Brothers to Saturday so that I can totally BOYCOTT Adult Swim's Sunday line up. The Sunday line up (minus VB) sucks, it's horrible TV and it needs to be destroyed in a vat of burning acid and replaced with something better. I've already mentioned before that they added another awesome show to their Saturday Anime block however and after watching the second episode of Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit I'm convinced that they got this one right. If you're not watching it you should be. The First DVD release looks to be during the first week of November so if you don't have the cartoon network rent it and give it a chance.

On the SciFi channel Ani-Monday is still going strong but Gurren Lagann has been off for the last two weeks first for the OVA of Read or Die a pretty good movie in it's own right but I believe this is the third time(?) that it's been aired on SciFi so I'm rather disappointed that it replaced GL but what's worse is that the second time it was replaced with some Crappy (Ok to me it is) Street Fighter Movie that I didn't even watch. Thankfully GL will be back next week for more exciting Yoko action...er I mean more exciting MECHA action...yeah that's what I mean. Since I have to leave for work right after GL I don't get to watch the second anime series that follows so don't have any opinion of that show. It looks like we will get GL straight though until Oct. 20 when they will broadcast the stinker of an anime Straightjacket. Yeah I get to watch how horrible that show is in English too. Maybe it'll be better in English but probably not. SciFi also has the rights to Gundom 00 and will start broadcasting that in Early November.

With that lets move onto the fansub stuff. WHOOHOO indeed as there is news that a third season of Minami ke is in the works. Wonder who's doing it this time. It was a great show and you can expect as much from the third season. Well hopefully you can...cross your fingers. Yes I'm kinda late to the party on mentioning that. I'm also late on the whole ZOMG Klan Klein goes apeshit on the Vajra after Michael Dies on Macross Frontier. Just check out those eyes and tell me she isn't looking to rip them to bloody pieces. Talk about plot twists and the cutting of our heart strings with these last two episodes and with only 4 episodes left it's going to get VERY interesting indeed. Actually a lot of the longer Spring and Summer anime shows are winding down and coming to their eventual end so it will look like some serious anime blogging is ahead for me. But then we also have the start of more interesting shows for the fall season. What's even worse because it's fall we also have all the new and returning regular TV programing as well that I like to watch so it's going to be a very busy fall.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...