Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


What would another season of Ikki Tousen be without gratuitous amounts of fan service and girl on girl grudge matches. Actually this is the first season of Ikki Tousen that I've actually watched. Well apart from the second season naughty OVAs, I watched those. I need to add the first season to my Netflix queue at some time and I did download the second season but as of yet haven't seen it. So you would think that I'd be totally lost without knowing anything about the show when I started watching the third season. However to be honest the plot is pretty lite and is pretty well contained to just this season. Sure I have some major spoilers to what happens before hand but that never bothers me in the least so it's fine.

Brief Summary: The wiki page for a more in depth summary of all three seasons Ikki Tousen so that I don't have to bore you with a lot more details. Great Guardians is a friendship oriented season with the warriors now more friends than enemies going out and doing what friends do. Finding jobs, going to the beach just hanging out enjoying each others company. Then the dead come back to life creating the first plot twist. Where did they come from and why are they back. Turns out there is a shadowy figure out to create some mayhem for all the warriors so that they can be happy. The last half of the season turns series as the warriors seek out the mysterious figure and get their friends back. Of course it all works out and the shadowy figure even becomes friends with everyone at the end.

My Opinion: Of course with that small of a plot you really seem to watching it more for the fan service and the fights between the warriors. Great Guardians does not skimp on the fan service with the missing cover up fog leaving very little to be discovered on the DVD releases. The Yuri content is very present as well. Nothing is left to subtlety on that aspect. Then you have the cloths ripping fights. I've heard of epic fights in the other seasons and was hoping for some more epic fights in this one but to be honest they didn't seem all that epic or even that big or long. Couple punches and kick here and there and it's over as fast as it started. Lots of clothing got ripped off leaving a lot under boob and side boob fan service but far short of epic. Not that that really took anything away from the series but if that's what you where looking for you might want to look else where. I did like Great Guardians though for what it was good mindless summer fan service entertainment. If you're a fan of the series you'll want to check it out that is for sure. I'm also looking forwards to even more naughty OVAs as well. So looks like I need to get the first season from Netflix wait for the second season as it looks like that will be out soon here and just wait a bit longer for the third season to get licensed as well.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...