Super GT 2008 preview


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


I actually wanted to post a fine picture of those oh so hot race queens but damn it all I haven't been able to find any 2008 race queen pictures. You guys over there are seriously slacking off dang it. Anyways, I actually got hooked on Super GT racing back when Speed TV was actually cool and had something on other than crappy Reality TV shows and NASCRAP 24/7. Now of course I've had to turn to downloading good racing programs from the internet usually in a different language and unlike anime no one subs this stuff. Not that you really need it subbed to actually enjoy it, it does help to understand what is going on. What's even worse is that for a time I couldn't find any racing programs except F1 to download until a friend pointed me to the holy grail of racing download sites.

So this is the first year that I've been able to actually get a hold of the races in a somewhat timely manner. Of course this is a good time to get in on some new Super GT action as this is also the first year of the new racing Nissan GT-Rs in the GT500 class. They sure are hot little cars those GT-Rs wonder when AUTOart will come out with new diecasts of them.

Onto the races... The program that I've been watching splits the two groups (GT500 & GT300) into two one hour (45 minutes really) programs per race. This allows you to focus on the two groups individually which I think is a much better option than mingling the two into the same program like other TV programs have. I've only seen the first two rounds even though the season is well on it's 4th race already. So it's safe to say that I won't be giving out any new news or spoilers. In an effort to get correct information from the races and maybe some cool pictures to post I've tried something different and applied for a media pass. Will I get it who knows but I'll try anyways.

As this is getting incrediably long I'll post the races much like the program one group per post per race. Hopefully soon I'll have some hotties to grab your attention as well. Cars are nice but lets face it girls get the views. Since I also have a love for all things Porsche I might also cover the Porsche Carrera Cup of Asia since I'm also following that as well.
2008 SUPER GT SCHEDULE
Round1 - March 15-16 - Suzuka Circuit - 300km
Round2 - April 12-13 - Okayama International Circuit - 300km
Round3 - May 3-4 - Fuji Speedway - 500km
Round4 - June 21-22 - Sepang Circuit (Malaysia) - 300km
Round5 - July 26-27 - Sportsland Sugo - 300km
Round6 - August 23-24 - Suzuka Circuit - 1000km
Round7 - September 13-14 - Twin Ring Motegi - 300km
Round8 - October 18-19 - Autopolis - 300km
Round9 - November 8-9 - Fuji Speedway - 300km

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...