Mnemosyne


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


I'm not even sure how to even pronounce it but I don't care because it is AWESOME. Sort of brings me back to what got me watching Anime in the first place. It's also a departure for me because I didn't want to be doing episodic reviews of the anime that I'm watching but seeing as Mnemosyne is released once a month so I figure I can handle doing a episode by episode review of it. Besides it's just that awesome. Have I told you I think this show is awesome.

Summary: So pretty much this show is about two female "immortal" detectives that take on odd mystery cases often resulting in many deaths for the main female lead Rin. She dies...A LOT! That's one good thing about being immortal I guess. Mimi is her loli assistant love interest who is a computer genius. Along the way they are helped along by two male cohorts who are very much not immortal. Going against our lovely detectives are several male Angels (only way for an immortal female to be killed is at the hands of a male angel) and bad "corporate" type people. There is also the main bad guy who likes to "play" with his immortal toys before eating their time spoars.

This episode finds the team helping out a former male co-worker's son who has found himself on the run from the gangsters when he meets up with his cyberlover in real life. Before she is killed by the gangsters she implants a nano device one him. Because of the device the gangsters are looking for him so that they take the data on the device and create a living cyborg with human memories. He ends up hanging out with Rin and Mimi as they look into why the gangsters are after him. Fast forward a little bit and the military gets involved. Rin, Mimi and their dog are killed while the military takes off with the guy. Turns out the one pulling the strings the whole time is the cyberlover because she wants the son all to herself and will stop at nothing to take him with her back into the internet world. Rin is there to stop it of course and we end another great episode in a very grissly way. I intentially left a lot out because it's spoiler tastic and you should just watch the show.

My Opinion: OMFG they killed the dog why would they kill the dog. Crap there goes one spoiler. Oddly enough I never even gave it a second thought that their dog was always there until the military guys killed the dog and it was back good as new to greet Mimi at the end of the episode. Guess the dog is immortal too. Ok so yeah this definitely is a good show and I would whole heartly tell you to go out and buy it now. To bad you can't unless you want a Japanese DVD. I haven't heard anything about any one licensing this for the US yet either which is sad. Yes this show has a lot of ecchi moments in it in every episode, not so much in this episode though. Hell the opening has enough fanservice in it for some people. In fact I first heard about Mnemosyne in the Yuri board on 4chan and people were complaining about how they didn't want to see it because it looked like it was going to be to much gurro and not enough Yuri. Now people are just complaining about there not being any Rin & Mimi action. Honestly I think it would be to easy to just do that. I like their relationship how it is. although I have to agree on the Water/Vodka bit and how it is getting just a bit old.

I do like how they show that they are immortal by time jumping each episode from, so far, 1990 to 2025 and how everyone excluding the immortals are getting older and how things are changing with the times. With only two more episodes left it will be interesting to see how it ends and in what year it ends. I do have to agree with some people who say that this has BAD END written all over it as it definitely seems like it is going in that direction. Just who gets the bad end will be interesting to see. Will we see any Rin & Mimi action in the last two episodes? Will Mimi "pay" for more information? Will that crazy hitwoman bitch be back...again to see how much punishment Rin can take. But after this episode is there really anything else?

From what I've heard there isn't anything new or changed on the DVD version so if you're hopping for more Ecchi or gurro madness I think you're out of luck. I'd definitely check it out on DVD through Netflix (if/when it gets licensed and released) to see if there is anything new or added to the DVDs anyways. You know if your not going to buy it like I would.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...