May 31, Autocross at the Idaho Center


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


Another weekend and another autocross event. With another event scheduled for next weekend as well it's a busy time for autocross events. This weekend we were out at my favorite location the Idaho Center out in Nampa, ID. I like this location better because I can film off course without a spotter and still be close to the action without feeling like I'm way off like I would be at the Expo Center if I wanted to film off course.

The weather while warm wasn't nearly as HOT as it was last time and with the overcast skies it kept the sun at bay most of the day but the weather held out and we didn't get rained on at all which made the entire day pretty nice. The wind picked up later in the day though.

While the weather was nice and there was a large turn out of 75 cars I made a stupid mistake the night before and while I topped off one battery for the video camera I completely forgot about the second battery until I plugged into the camera at the start of the second round of runs and noticed that it was entirely drained.

Ended up packing up my stuff in the middle of the day and since I had bummed a ride with my roommate I was stuck there so enjoyed the second round of runs on the side and just watched for a change. Its actually surprising that there is a difference in watching the autocross runs than when I'm filming them. Like the fact that I didn't know that the silver Dodge Neon had an alien head on the center of his roof until I was just watching his runs instead of filming them.

In any case even though I only had the one battery I still managed to get 83 videos (the course was short and tight and the last new video is on page five) and 101 images from the first run session. Not bad for a days work. Next weekends races look like they will be interesting and fast since they are trying something different which is nice change but means I'll more than likely be out there TWO days instead of just the one. I'm going to be beat but I'm sure it'll all be fun. Heard something about strippers too but that might be just a rumor.

There was a surprise addition to the event in that two cars from Utah had come up to particpate here in the open class and they gave our open class guys a run for their money. Although they really should have done something about their kids that they let run around unsupervised the entire day. Here's one of the runs of the White Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...