Gunslinger Girls Il Teatrino


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments


Yet again I've just concluded another older series that I stopped watching for one reason or another. Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino has been off the air for several seasons but I only finished watching the last four episodes this last week. I think the main reason for me taking such a long time to finish it was that it just wasn't as good as the first season and there was just so much better stuff on at the same time that I just happened to drop it but while I was going though my hard drive and saw that it was still just sitting there so decided to finish it off.

If you're not familiar with the Gunslinger Girls universe a quick overview is that an secret military/police organization that looks to be based in Italy takes dying young girls and turns them into cyborg like killing machines. Each girl is trained to specialize with a singular weapon system and is teamed with an older gentleman handler to take out terrorist and criminals. Pretty straightforward lolikiller show. The first season was awesome the second one not so much.

I'm going to be honest though I can't remember a good deal about the second season which is a bad thing because it means I didn't think much about it and I can't think of anything that makes it stand out as a good series like I can with the first season. Even the last four episodes that I just recently watched weren't all that great even though it was pretty action packed which is probably it's only saving grace really.

I guess the good thing is that it was licensed by FUNimation and should be released sometime this year and hopefully with the OAVs from the Japanese DVDs so that I can check those out since no body's bothered to sub those last two episodes and it seemed like they were fun vacation type episodes and more like the first series with more action less chit chat and lovey dovey stuff and with just generic bad guys.

So I'd say if you liked the first season RENT the second season to see if you like it and decide for yourself. If you haven't seen the first season though you can pretty much just go ahead and skip this one though. That's just an honest opinion. I tried to find a commercial for it on YouTube but could only find the opening so enjoy it.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...