June 6, 2009 Autocross Event


posted by sooyup on , , , , , ,

No comments


Another weekend autocross event is in the bag videos are uploaded and pictures are posted. This time out the Autocross action was once again held out at the Idaho Center during the Big Boy Toy Expo and was a two day event instead the usual single day event. Thanks to a FUBARed SDHC card I only attended the Saturday event.

Since this was a larger event that was going on during the BBT Expo the autocross event was held in the larger lot and the Saturday course was set up to be a fast high horsepower course due to the rain that was expected during the day. The morning was wet and soggy but the sun eventually came out and dried up the course and burnt my dumbass pretty good. Whoohoo first sunburn of 2009 and I made it all the way to June... OK back to the autocross.

Another difference in this event than the regular events is that they tried to make it more like a prosolo event where everyone in the same group runs with each other for their complete 5 runs at one time so there is little down time between runs and makes things I thought go faster and smoother. It was definitely easier to film it that way than usual. Well it was easier to film but that doesn't mean I did a better job of filming since I decided to find a high spot and film off course only to find out that I would have to do some elevation changes so some of the videos are a bit more herky jerky than I'd like and to me they look a bit more amateurish than usual. I still had fun and even though I had worked the night before I ended up staying there the entire day which probably wasn't a good idea since I was dead the rest of the night and dead the next day as well. But that wasn't the worst part of Sunday.

The worst part about Sunday was when I found out that my 8gig SDHC card decided to shit the bed and toss I/O device errors at me while I was trying to transfer the files from the card to the hdd so that I could go back on Sunday and film some more. It took a lot of work to get all 175 vids off the card and then the rest of Sunday looking for ways to fix the stupid card only to find out there just wasn't anything that I could do to fix it. So it pretty much killed any reason or want to go out on Sunday. Instead I tried fixing the card and working on the pictures until I passed out for a good part of the afternoon.

Lucky for me it's some time before the next autocross event so I have some time before I need to pick up another card. It's also pretty good because we really need to just work on movie at the moment. Of course I have plenty of pictures although a lot less than the last couple of events and you can find them here in this flickr set. I also managed to film some 175 videos and they can be found here on YouTube. Another event and I'll have more than 600 videos. Here is an example and first time outing for the Subaru ForesterSTi.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...