New Thundercats Anime show!


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments

Thundercats Ho! Oh yes that awesome kitty kat cartoon from my childhood is coming back to Cartoon Network sometime with an all new series from Warner Bros. and Studio4°C. I have to admit that even though I really hate that film companies are in a huge remake/redo trend lately this idea really sounds like an awesome idea to me. Mostly because Studio4°C is involved in the animating process and that this series will be entirely "anime" and not a made for America cartoon.

I first saw the rumor last night on 4chan but I never really believe anything news worthy I see on 4chan until some more trustworthy posts up the news and so I waited and sure enough Sankaku had a post about it with a link to a valid news source confirming the news.

So now that I know it's not just a rumor I can say that I'm really interested in checking this one out when it hits the airwaves here in the states once again. Oddly enough I checked out the Thundercats wiki page and holy hell I don't remember much about those later seasons. Anyways here's what Warner Bros. had to say about the new animated series...


Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, “ThunderCats” characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.


The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

It seems like this is just the tip of the animation iceberg from Warner Bros. as well so keep you're eyes pealed for new and exciting animation series from Warner Bros. to follow.

As a little bit of trivia for the day; Studio Ghibli (before it was Studio Ghibli) was the animation studio responsible for the '80s Thundercats cartoon show.

I can only imagine how epic the new fanservice for Cheetara is going to be, I was so in love with her when I was a kid.

A long trailer for the '80s cartoon:


AnimeBlips: vote it up!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...