Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Not a bad week but not exactly as fun as last week either. That's right another week is over and I'm tuckered out because it sure doesn't feel like I've had two days off. Mostly because it's some serious work photographing kids which is what ended my week. And since it wouldn't be wise or appropriate to post a little kid's picture on my blog I'll instead go with my favorite standby the ever lovely Race Queen image.

Alright so yeah once again I was back to the ever boring eat sleep work routine that makes up a good percentage of my life. At least I got to check out a good chunk of the new season of anime since that barely just got started and so far it looks like a lot of fun.

The week would pretty much end there if it wasn't for Sunday. I finally managed to connect with my co-worker who wanted me to take some pictures of her daughter in a new dress that she got her so we scheduled a time for Sunday morning for the photoshot at the Rose Garden located at the Julia Davis Park. Thankfully luck was on my side as it was a nice sunny day out for some nice pictures. It was my first time taking pictures of a little kid so it was rather interesting and some serious business as well. I took some snap shots at the park while I was waiting as well and you can see those here.

After the photoshot it was lunch with the family at Applebees to celebrate my grandma's 91st birthday. It was fun and a good time with the family. It was after that though that the hard work had to start. I set to editing the pictures that I took. I was able to finish editing the pictures tonight and burned them to a CD for the co-worker. But I wanted to make sure they would work and took them to the nearest Wal-mart to check that they could be read on their photolab machines for the co-worker to print out at her leisure. They did but the machine really didn't like the huge png files. All in all it was an interesting experience and I definitely earned my $50 fee.

While I was editing the pictures I was watching the American La Mans Race at Laguna Seca which happens to be the last race of the season and it was a damn good last couple of laps for the LMGT2 class and if you missed it you missed some dang good racing action. I'm sure it'll be on youtube in no time (it's not now) as it was a classic race duel between a Porsche 911 and a Chevy Corvette. That kept me awake while I was editing the pictures.

Next week is another Autocross event and the annual Silver Sage Porsche Club car show and I'll be going to both of those so next promises to be a fun week as well.

UPDATE: Yes he video is online now for the last lap of the Laguna Seca race that I was talking about.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...